Monday, November 30, 2009

After last Friday went by without a single call, i got very depressed that i can't find a job. It was like, my best friends all took the surveying job at Toast Box, and i didn't. Made me regret it abit.

Then last Saturday, i saw an ad by Fairprice, so i wanted to take the job as cashier. My self-esteem was plummeting.
The interview was today, In THE MORNING, from 9am to 12pm. I hate waking up early. The nearest interview point was at Jurong East. My mum dragged me up and it made me feel better when my dad offered to bring me there.
When i arrived, i saw a whole line of people lining up for the interview. I did not save any time getting the application form beforehand, two days ago, when i wanted to try out for Ishi Mura at Yishun. They also given out a questionaire, with lists to be memorised and tested.
There was this guy wearing a red shirt with a '福' on its back. He had lotsa trouble filling in the forms. He filled one for merchandise, while i had the one for the cashier.

There were three guys behind me that kept talking loudly. They are my age. But their chatter started getting annoying, making me wish that i had brought my earphones along, and you thought that girls' chatter was annoying and meaningless. I kept myself entertained messaging Wendy and ShiHui. JiaHui even gave me a 'great' job offer, 10c per hour cleaning her house and 50c per hour playing with her. Haha, there is even the benefit of playing with the hamsters and using her computer.
It's great, but i'm better off with something i could handle.(joking hor.)

After one hour of standing in line,it was 12.31pm. I was the twentieth person in line when i got this anonymous call. I picked it up, expecting one of those fluke restaurant reservations at a restaurant i don't have, unless you count restaurant city on facebook, then this guy called Nicolas told me that i was hired by Minitoons! ! !
I was so excited. I called Wendy immediately and told her: I'm going to work at Minitoons, causeway point!
Ahhhh!!!

Can't wait to start work and get out of the house! Away from my forever noisy brother and mum!
WooHoo!!!


ShiYun blogged at 11:02 PM *